Philippians 3:8 ::YouR rAnDom Bible Verse 4 toDay:: from a RaNdom Christian Lesbian of 2morrow

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of ALL THINGS, and count them as ruBBish, that I may gain Christ..."


Philippians 3:8 




After you've lost all you ever had...
 things begin to loose meaning... 

On March, 1st 2009 I learned what "nothing" really meant. As I watched my house burn to the ground while standing in the snow without a coat, or boots - my mind was racing.  Wondering why I had not put the collar back on my dog after I'd just finished bathing him...he slipped out of my hands,I lost him too that night. My only belongings that remained were what I'd left in my car - but only a week later that was all stolen when my car was broken into... 
   And it might seem after all I've been through I would have given up faith... or maybe I wouldn't have hope. But when I think back on it, when I really compare my life before and after -  I can honestly say that I was blessed greatly by all that happened. I heard someone say once, "Christians are like tea, their true strength is shown in hot water."
  
And loosing everything is a hard way to learn...  that material things -  
                                    in the end... 
are just  
                                        dust.


We spend so much time and money building up things on earth that don't matter much at all. Things can rise or fall in an instant - and if you don't have God when they do fall then you're really left with nothing. 
-- but the Lord taught me something else, He taught me how to try, how to fight, how to have faith that no matter what :in HIM: everything WOULD be alright. 
                Sometimes we get to our darkest nights and we think, "How could God lead me here? How could God LEAVE me here!?" 
But somehow - somewhere deep inside you know He wouldn't leave you or forsake you... and faith IS believing when there's nothing left to hold on to. 


"Let your gentleness be know to all men. The LORD is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:5-7 


As always sisters and brothers, 
be blessed... and a blessing to others.
R. Calloway 

Comments