How I made the Deans List : An Entry from the Journal of a Formally Notorious SLaKkEr

How I made the Deans List :  An Entry from the Journal of a Formally Notorious SLaKkEr 
  I couldn't have been a worse student in High-school.  I don't think I made an 'A' in anything but English class the entire time I was there. I loved to write and I always took advanced level English and Language Arts classed but I was years behind in math. I struggled to maintain a passing grade of a 'D' freshman year in Algebra. But this past semester I made the deans list. And I also took the dreaded COLLEGE ALGEBRA - while taking 17 credits and I did it because  I’m  a pretty competitive type lesbian with Jesus on my side. And I've noticed that I've become more competitive, I feel like I should strive toward the goal that which Christ has called me. And since the Post 9/11 GI BILL requires I make at least a “C” in each class...
   I have to study. Or I have to get a job and pay them back for the classes...
SoOoOo
   I studied.
So that I would be prepared.
     And ace the test. 
Because anything less
                           than my very best
just wouldn't be worth the stress.
And anything less than an A would be like 2nd... or 3rd place. Like loosing a game of Monopoly or round of golf...  
So therefor even though it sucked, I went to the library, and spanish lab, and the math lab and got a tutor....  yah- I put the petal to the metal- my brains to the books.  I missed all the hot looks... because I was @home while everyone else was out. I was studying because I had Friday class. I was sacrificing myself and trusting that the Lord would guide me to what exactly I needed to study. But honestly... I didn’t study much, (at least, I think I could have studied more :-/  ) And I have major attention problems so I would record lectures and listen twice or three times before the test, I’d always have this funny little way of “zoning back in” on exactly what was on my tests. If I told you that was God would you call me silly?  Lol. Well call you what you call it.. I call it the grace of God and He saw me thru. I met a new friend who only spoke spanish right as I needed to learn the language for Spanish class, one of my 5 classes that semester. This new friend also happened to be my neighbor and we became good friends, her helping me with Spanish and I helping her with English. I like to think God placed two like minded people around each other who spoke two different languages. I helped her with english and her and her beautiful boyfriend Angel helped me with spanish... and I aced spanish101 and 102 :)  

And don’t even get me started on math... 
High School Math Grades: 
Algebra 1 :D
Geometry: C
Algebra 2:C
College Math Grades:
Intermediate Algebra:B
College Algebra: A      (Exempt from Final.)
Pre- Cal: A    (exempt from Final.)

All I’m saying is... without God. I wouldn’t have a 3.67 GPA. So maybe... the next time you study, the next time you take a test... take ten seconds and pray... 
say a quick prayer....
“Dear Lord, Please guide me as I study, show me what I need to know to pass this test. Bring everything I study back to mind when I take the exam. Help me to calm down and focus. Block all distractions and show me how to be disciplined and take this time to study. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name I pray. Amen”
“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in 

Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 3:1
The Lord is my Rock!
R.Calloway
“be blessed... and be a blessing.” 





How I'm doing so far this semester: 

"bored in Pre. Cal-"

Comments