FROM THE POETRY VAULT:::: Insomnia ::::: But forgetting is just like getting even, it doesn’t always work out as you planned and i could still feel my boots in the sand.,

Here is another poem from the poetry vault... 
Sorry no date on this one, but it was from a time in my life where I was having a hard time sleeping... so it's titled accordingly.

Enjoy. 
R. Calloway
-------

Insomnia 



4am and I’m up again.
Can’t quite find sleep, I don’t know if he ran away or he’s just hiding from me.
But I toss and turn – 
                                                                  turn and toss sleeplessly
                            I long and yearn to feel…                                    at ease…
But sometimes it’s not that simple.
Sometimes the demon’s not that easy to please.
     Sometimes… 
He comes for blood.
He hunts me with dark dreams,
He haunts me with horrifying scenes -  that could put fear in the eyes of the blind.
               So I simply try…
to forget.
But forgetting is just like getting even, it doesn’t always work out as you plan 
But I can still feel my boots in the sand, the steel in my hand, the questions in my heart…
I can still feel my stomach in knots,  and I remember the click, the kick, the pop, the sound of every shot…
And I try not to see, but the image is burned in my mind so when I close my eyes I can still hear the screaming-
Piercing-                           mind shattering sounds…
They all pound in my ears as I lay my head to rest.
And the rest?   
It comes sometimes…and other times it runs away and leaves me to fight the demons on my own,  no gun, no battle, just this piece of paper and my pen, trying to fill the lines like the sutures that mend
 the broken skin… of soldiers, boys and men.
But its 4am and I’m up again, battling the memories, the demons, the darkness once again fighting for my life. 
MetaMorph.
                    ...well it’s just the history hidden in me that keeps you from seeing me… for mE.

Comments