Ecclesiastes 4:9-12- The Value of a Friend -: Day 19 40 Days and 40 Nights... with just Bex <-(that's me!) n Christ <-(my King!)::

      Ecclesiastes 4:9-12- The Value of a Friend




 Two are better than one, 
      Because they have a good reward for their labor. 
  For if they fall, one will lift up the other.
      But woe to him who is alone when he falls, 
           For he has no one to help him up. 
   Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; 
      But how can one be warm alone?
   Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. 
      And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. 

The Value of a Friend - Solomon speaks here of the value of friendship. The importance of being a good friend so that you are not alienated and left alone. But what is a friend really? Who are those few that are worthy to be our true friends? Jesus spoke of friendship saying, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." But how many people are REALLY willing to die for their friends? Yah sure, rappers rap about it- and some people put on a front saying stuff like "Yah man I got your back no matter what" - yet they are the first ones to go missing when the heat is on... that's not what Solomon was talking about when he speaks on the value of a friend. He speaks of TRUE friendship... and honestly out of all the friends I've ever had ...only one has never let me down... even gone as far as laying down His life for me. That friend is MY very best friend...the Lord Jesus.

James 2:23
And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith." He was even called the friend of God.


I'm so thankful that the Lord calls me His friend! 


I am also thankful for the people He has placed in my life, my earthly companions. Short of Christ's infinite love, my definition of true friend is one who encourages me, uplifts and inspires my Christian walk, someone who is there to pray with me and will pray for me, throughout all situations. This Thanksgiving weekend I'm so thankful for the friends that God has given me, and the hope we all share in His loving care. I'm thankful for salvation! I'm not thankful that Jesus died- but I am so THANKFUL that He rose again! And that He has a plan for me... and you...and all of us. Praise the Lord! 


be blessed and a blessing to others...

R. Calloway 


Comments